Paying Attention to Detail

While I was absent from this blog I found myself painting many watercolor portraits, I don't know if it's because I'd like to ta...


While I was absent from this blog I found myself painting many watercolor portraits, I don't know if it's because I'd like to take up self photography or whatever but I did notice what improvements I need to make in my portrait game. 

Detail 
For someone reason I think all my portraits lack detail. They all lack the extra something that makes you stare at them for a long time wondering how the hell the artist did it. Maybe it's my insecurities that makes them lack the detail they need.. 
Every time I paint a face, I do the eyes and the nose the mouth but when it comes to shading the face I'm afraid to drop the paint, I don't know how to move the brush or how much water to use. I basically tense up. I've noticed that I do the same when I'm drawing portraits as well.  
I've done quite a few portraits so far and I do actually see some small improvements in how I shade and layer my color. Hopefully soon I'll be able to confidently put down some color on paper and not immediately regret it or panic internally. 
We all grow as artists and as people over the years so I guess I should be happy that I don't paint the same way I did last year and that there were major improvements from then to now but I seriously need to work on my detail and shading.

Do you guys paint? If you have tips and tricks with watercolor paint then please don't be afraid to leave a comment! 
Till then my imaginary readers! Bye! 




                                     -CutieStare

You Might Also Like

0 comments

So what did you think about this post? Leave your thoughts below


|Let's Connect|

















Flag Counter